Replicating SQL 2000 to PostgreSQL 9.x

От Edson Richter
Тема Replicating SQL 2000 to PostgreSQL 9.x
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm trying to setup SQL 2000 replication to PostgreSQL 9.x, and follow
those steps:

1) setup the publisher and distributor in SQL 2000
2) setup the article (12 tables)
3) setup the linked server to PostgreSQL and executed some queries to
test (with success)
4) created the 12 tables in PostgreSQL using correct data types (I've
used Microsoft guide to Oracle compatibility, which seems logical to me)
5) setup the Push Subscriber without creating schema/tables

After few seconds, it fails, and the only error I've have is quite vague
(is a generic "An access violation occurred" error).
I've tried to configure PostgreSQL ODBC driver for logging (without
success: no logs generated).

Is there someone successfully setup SQL 2k to PostgreSQL replication
that could share some thoughts?

Thanks,

Edson