Re: Replicating SQL 2000 to PostgreSQL 9.x

От Edson Richter
Тема Re: Replicating SQL 2000 to PostgreSQL 9.x
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Em 29/01/2014 12:42, Edson Richter escreveu:
> I'm trying to setup SQL 2000 replication to PostgreSQL 9.x, and follow
> those steps:
>
> 1) setup the publisher and distributor in SQL 2000
> 2) setup the article (12 tables)
> 3) setup the linked server to PostgreSQL and executed some queries to
> test (with success)
> 4) created the 12 tables in PostgreSQL using correct data types (I've
> used Microsoft guide to Oracle compatibility, which seems logical to me)
> 5) setup the Push Subscriber without creating schema/tables
>
> After few seconds, it fails, and the only error I've have is quite
> vague (is a generic "An access violation occurred" error).
> I've tried to configure PostgreSQL ODBC driver for logging (without
> success: no logs generated).
>
> Is there someone successfully setup SQL 2k to PostgreSQL replication
> that could share some thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Edson

Problem solved!

Just in case, if someone faces this issue in future, it is already
documented here :-). I could not find any useful tip on the internet,
and saw many people saying "problem solved" but not clue about what was
done, so here it is:

Updating ODBC driver from 8.04 to 9.01 solved the Access Violation
error. Be warned, latest ODBC drivers will not run on Windows 2000 (some
C header reference DLL that only exists in XP and later). They have to
be recompiled with special headers in order to work.

Regards,

Edson Richter