How to make data changes inside trigger function visible to the top level statement ?

От Haifeng Liu
Тема How to make data changes inside trigger function visible to the top level statement ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I am doing table partitioning, all is ok except that after executing 'insert' sql statement I can't get affected rows,
italways be 0. After searching on the documents, I found that row changes inside trigger function is not visible to the
toplevel statement.

Partition table using a trigger function to redirect insertion to the correct partition is the recommend way, and
affectedrows testing is also used widely. pgAdmin tests the affected rows too, thus when I type a new row and click
savebutton, it seems failed but actually succeed.

How can I make the row changes inside the trigger function visible to the top level statement?

Thank all in advance!