Re: Table size growing for no reason

От Benjamin Krajmalnik
Тема Re: Table size growing for no reason
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The table is vacuumed all the time.
Pg_autovacuum runs.

I started thinking - what did I change right before this happened?

I was playing around trying to tweak the performance of the database.
As part of the process, I increased the number of WAL buffers to 32 and
the checkpoint segments to 16.
That appears to have been the culprit!  I set them back at the same
levels I was previously using (16 and 4, respectively), and now the
table is no longer misbehaving.

That was quite interesting - can someone in the core team verify that
too high a number for these 2 parameters could have caused this
behavior?

Thanks in advance.

Benjamin