Re: COPY table FROM STDIN doesn't show count tag

От Rajeev rastogi
Тема Re: COPY table FROM STDIN doesn't show count tag
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11 March 2014 19:52, Tom Lane wrote:

> After sleeping on it, I'm inclined to think we should continue to not
> print status for COPY TO STDOUT.  Aside from the risk of breaking
> scripts, there's a decent analogy to be made to SELECT: we don't print
> a status tag for that either.

It is correct that SELECT does not print conventional way of status tag but still it prints the number
of rows selected (e.g. (2 rows)) along with rows actual value, which can be very well considered
as kind of status. User can make out with this result, that how many rows have been selected.

But in-case of COPY TO STDOUT, if we don't print anything, then user does not have any direct way of finding
that how many rows were copied from table to STDOUT, which might have been very useful.

Please let me know your opinion or if I have missed something.

Thanks and Regards,
Kumar Rajeev Rastogi

Сообщение: Re: db_user_namespace a "temporary measure"
Сообщение: Re: db_user_namespace a "temporary measure"