Re: iPad and Postgresql...

От Jerry LeVan
Тема Re: iPad and Postgresql...
Дата
Re: iPad and Postgresql...
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 17, 2011, at 10:48 AM, John DeSoi wrote:

> On Jan 16, 2011, at 7:40 PM, Andrej wrote:
>
>>> Is there an idiot installable package for MacOsX Snow Leopard that will
>>> provide a 'better' user experience for accessing Pg via the web, especially
>>> when viewed on the iPad?
>>
>> It's not perl, but have you considered
>> http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/
>
> I second this suggestion, but it is not as easy to install on the Mac as it should be. Snow Leopard has no PostgreSQL
supportin the standard PHP install. You can set it up yourself with the help of this article:

Yes I was disappointed when the php-info function showed there was no pg support...

> http://www.gnegg.ch/2009/08/snow-leopard-and-php/

It sorta looks like the above might blow away the existing php stuff...

> There also seems to be some nice looking native iPad/iPhone apps with the ability to perform ad-hoc queries using
PostgreSQL.

Pointers to the apps if you please :)

Right now the rempgsql.pl cgi is starting to look better to me for read access to  my db...

Maybe after a few days rest...I am still reeling from a firmware corruption problem in my airport
extreme base station, udp ports 500 and 4500 started to refuse to pass data in from the wan side.
This made it impossible to access the VPN server. It took a while to diagnose and fix the problem.

> John DeSoi, Ph.D.

Jerry

От: Jensen Somers
Сообщение: Re: Install PostgreSQL as part of a desktop application, but how to coop with existing installations?
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Install PostgreSQL as part of a desktop application, but how to coop with existing installations?