Re: How to keep format of views source code as entered?

От Paul Förster
Тема Re: How to keep format of views source code as entered?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Ingolf,

> On 26. Jan, 2021, at 14:41, Markhof, Ingolf <ingolf.markhof@de.verizon.com> wrote:
>
> You may not be able to delete tables / views that are referenced by other users objects, e.g. views. Unless you add
theCASCADE option which will cause all depending views to be deleted as well. And the CASCASE will work and delete the
otherusers view even when you don't have the permission to drop that other users view!

> Looks like the Oracle concept of marking views as invalid makes some sense...

yes, PostgreSQL's and Oracle's approaches IMHO both make perfect sense in their own way, depending on your design
philosophy.I never said otherwise. I just said that I hate to debug invalid objects in Oracle because Oracle does not
clearlyshow dependencies and reading source code can be hard, especially if the author was one of those genius
generatorswhich produce tons of code.

Cheers,
Paul

От: "Markhof, Ingolf"
Сообщение: Re: How to keep format of views source code as entered?
От: Wenjun Che
Сообщение: Change work_mem for one user