Re: How to keep format of views source code as entered?

От Markhof, Ingolf
Тема Re: How to keep format of views source code as entered?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

Today, I made an astonishing / disappointing experience related to that source code topic:

You may not be able to delete tables / views that are referenced by other users objects,
e.g. views. Unless you add the CASCADE option which will cause all depending views to be
deleted as well. And the CASCASE will work and delete the other users view even when you
don't have the permission to drop that other users view!

Looks like the Oracle concept of marking views as invalid makes some sense...

Regards,
Ingolf