Re: Surprising results from current_role in a "security invoker" trigger function in a "cascade delete via FK" scenario

От Bryn Llewellyn
Тема Re: Surprising results from current_role in a "security invoker" trigger function in a "cascade delete via FK" scenario
Дата
Ответ на Re: Surprising results from current_role in a "security invoker" trigger function in a "cascade delete via FK" scenario  (Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: Surprising results from current_role in a "security invoker" trigger function in a "cascade delete via FK" scenario  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> rjuju123@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> bryn@yugabyte.com wrote:
>>
>> Nobody has told me how an outsider like me can deliver such a .zip file, together with its typographically nuanced
externaldocumentation…

> You mentioned previously that "Email attachments don't make it to the archive for posts to this list", but they
should.It seems that you're using apple mail, which is famous for having such problems, see [1] for instance.

> Using a different MUA, or configuring apple mail to correctly put attachment as attachment will solve this problem.
>
> [1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CABUevEwEw35g7n3peoqmpWraQuRvounck7puDUWU-S-%3DyfsoEA%40mail.gmail.com

Hmm… I use a modern MacBook with the always current macOS Big Sur. (One day I'll pluck up courage and get to Monterey.)
Iuse the native "Mail.app" email client (a.k.a. Mail User Agent) at whatever version comes with the native macOS
upgradeprocess. I use this to send attachments all the time to no end of friends and colleagues—without issue. So how
canthere be anything wrong with how my "Mail.app" is configured? Is the configuration a pairwise notion so that I need
dedicatedsettings to send to the pgsql-general list?

Yugabyte uses an email service from Google. I suppose that I could use their ordinary browser-based interface to send
emailsto the pgsql-general list. It would certainly be good to fix this for future exchanges. But for now, I'll stick
tomy plan. This will make it easy for me to draw this issue to the attention of colleagues and to give me a place where
Iadd updates about progress on the issue.

Moreover, GitHub allows Markdown formatting. And the ability to format even a shortish essay with ordinary modern
deviceslike heading levels, bullet lists, italics, and especially code blocks makes an enormous difference to
readability.

The conventions that this list's archive imposes (only plain text, quoted content indicated with successively deep
chevron-stylemarks, explicit URLs twice as long as your arm, and baked-in hard line breaks at about a dozen words)
makescomprehension quite hard—and structuring an account well-nigh impossible.

От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: Surprising results from current_role in a "security invoker" trigger function in a "cascade delete via FK" scenario
От: "David G. Johnston"