Re: Upgrading from 7.1

От Thomas F. O'Connell
Тема Re: Upgrading from 7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jul 27, 2005, at 3:43 PM, Jonathan Villa wrote:

> My approach will be/has been as follows:
>
> I've used pg_dump of 7.4 to do
>
> pgsql-7.4 $>pg_dump --schema-only dbName > schema.sql
>
> Aside from some tweaking, the import seemed to work fine.
>
> Now, I'm attempting the following
>
> pgsql-7.4 $> pg_dump --data-only --inserts dbName > data.sql
>
> and when I attempt an import, I get
>
> ERROR:  insert or update on table "doc_data" violates foreign key
> constraint
> "docdata_languageid_fk"
> DETAIL:  Key (language)=(1) is not present in table
> "supported_languages".
>
> Regarding the violations of the foreign key contraints, I've been
> able to
> export/import from 7.1 to 7.1 ok.
>
> When I was doing the schema.sql import, I did receive a lot of
> messages regarding
> implicit indexes being created?  Is this something I should be
> worried about?
>
> Reason I'm not moving to 8.0 is because the application I'm trying
> to get upgraded
> does not give it it's seal of approval.
>

> -Jonathan

Jonathan,

The implicit indexes are no big deal; they're just a sign of indexes
getting created by PRIMARY KEYs on your tables.

I'm not sure why you're getting errors. Is there a reason you did the
schema dump separately from the data dump rather than a monolithic
dump/restore?

Once you get your data import working, you might want to check out
contrib/adddepend, though, since you're coming from a pre-7.3 database.

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect

Strategic Open Source: Open Your i™