Re: Upgrading from 7.1

От Jonathan Villa
Тема Re: Upgrading from 7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general

My approach will be/has been as follows:

I've used pg_dump of 7.4 to do

pgsql-7.4 $>pg_dump --schema-only dbName > schema.sql

Aside from some tweaking, the import seemed to work fine.

Now, I'm attempting the following

pgsql-7.4 $> pg_dump --data-only --inserts dbName > data.sql

and when I attempt an import, I get

ERROR:  insert or update on table "doc_data" violates foreign key constraint
"docdata_languageid_fk"
DETAIL:  Key (language)=(1) is not present in table "supported_languages".

Regarding the violations of the foreign key contraints, I've been able to
export/import from 7.1 to 7.1 ok.

When I was doing the schema.sql import, I did receive a lot of messages regarding
implicit indexes being created?  Is this something I should be worried about?

Reason I'm not moving to 8.0 is because the application I'm trying to get upgraded
does not give it it's seal of approval.

-Jonathan

<quote who="Richard Huxton">