pg_dump/pg_dumpall do not correctly dump search_path

От Ben Trewern
Тема pg_dump/pg_dumpall do not correctly dump search_path
Дата
Список pgsql-general
All,

There seems to be a bug in pg_dumpall:

For one of my dbs I've done:

ALTER DATABASE dbname SET search_path = mw, public;

If I do a pg_dumpall I get a line like:

ALTER DATABASE dbname SET search_path TO 'mw, public';

note the 's.  It's also in a place in the dump before the mw schema is
created.  It's not a big problem but it makes dumps less automatic.

BTW If I do a pg_dump dbname I get a dump which does not reference the
search_path change.  I'm not sure if this is by design or it is just
missing.

I'm using PostgreSQL 7.4.5 on linux

Thanks for any help.

Ben