PostgreSQL X/Open Socket / BSD Socket Issue on HP-UX

От MUHAMMAD ASIF
Тема PostgreSQL X/Open Socket / BSD Socket Issue on HP-UX
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,
I faced similar issue as discussed in
"http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Fwd-DBD-Pg-on-HP-UX-11-31-64bit-td3305163.html".
    (man xopen_networking - http://docstore.mik.ua/manuals/hp-ux/en/B2355-60130/xopen_networking.7.html)    ...
Thereare two ways to obtain X/Open Sockets functionality:           * Method A is in compliance with X/Open compilation
specification.      * Method B slightly deviates from X/Open compilation specification. However, Method B allows a
programto include both objects compiled to X/Open Sockets specification and objects compiled to BSD Sockets
specification.   ...
PostgreSQL support X/Open Sockets. Apache web server (2.2.15, /opt/hpws22/apache) and Perl (5.8.8, /opt/perl_64) are
BSDSocket applications that are default with the OS. I tried Method B (It provides wrapper _xpg_ socket functions that
allowsusing X/Open socket objects and BSD socket objects in the same binary) to build PostgreSQL 9.1 code, I LD_PRELOAD
thegenerated libpq binary, without any other change both perl and apache work fine with postgresql now,and it is easy
toimplement too. We just need to build the source code with "-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -D_HPUX_ALT_XOPEN_SOCKET_API" and link
binarywith libc. PFA patch. Thanks.
Best Regards,Muhammad Asif Naeem

Вложения