Re: CUDA Sorting

От Nulik Nol
Тема Re: CUDA Sorting
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> I already did some benchmarks with GPU sorting (not in pgsql), and
> measured total sort times, copy bandwidth and energy usage, and got
> some exciting results:
Was that qsort implementation on CPU cache friendly and optimized for SSE ?
To make a fair comparison you have to take the best CPU implementation
and compare it to best GPU implementation. Because if not, you are
comparing full throttled GPU vs lazy CPU.
Check this paper on how hash join was optimized 17x when SSE
instructions were used.
www.vldb.org/pvldb/2/vldb09-257.pdf

Regards

--
The power of zero is infinite

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf
От: MUHAMMAD ASIF
Сообщение: PostgreSQL X/Open Socket / BSD Socket Issue on HP-UX