Only standby Server in Cloud(Amazon), not the primary

От Balkrishna Sharma
Тема Only standby Server in Cloud(Amazon), not the primary
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

In PostgreSQL 9.x, using Streaming replication (hot standby with PITR), is it possible to have just the standby server in Cloud(Amazon) and the primary database local ?
What I am trying to achieve is get the backups guaranteed in cloud, if I just have my standby server there ?

Is it technically possible ? What are the risks and performance issues ?

Thanks,
-Bala