Changing a database owner on postgres 7.3

От Richard George
Тема Changing a database owner on postgres 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

I'm trying to tweak a schema creation script that works on postgres 8.x so that it will run on postgres 7.3.

I've run into trouble attempting to change the owner of a particular database. The offending line is -

ALTER DATABASE test OWNER TO epg;

As I say, this works fine on postgres 8 but fails with the message "ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "OWNER" at character 87" on postgres 7.3."

Can someone suggest an alternative way of changing the owner of a database for 7.3?

Cheers,
Richard.