Re: Extreme bloating of intarray GiST indexes

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Extreme bloating of intarray GiST indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
I seem to recall some discussion recently about documenting where you
should cut over to using "gist__intbig_ops" --- IIRC, it wasn't all that
"big" by modern standards.  But it doesn't look like any such change made
it into the docs.  Should we reopen that discussion?

Actually, I don't see a reason to make decision between gist__int_ops and gist__intbig_ops. Because we can choose between full enumeration and lossy bitmap on the fly on the base of array length (when some length threshold achived array is converted to bitmap). If this problem is urgent, I can write a patch with opclass that would seem more suitable to be default to me, when I'll have a time for it.

----
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.