Re: pg_dump --binary-upgrade vs. ALTER TYPE ... DROP ATTRIBUTE

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pg_dump --binary-upgrade vs. ALTER TYPE ... DROP ATTRIBUTE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 11:58:30AM -0400, Noah Misch wrote:
>> When we're done with the relkind-restriction patch, I'll post a new version of
>> this one.  It will remove the circularity check and add a relkind check.
>
> Here it is.  Changes from tt1v1-alter-of.patch to tt1v2-alter-of.patch:
> * Use transformOfType()'s relkind check in ATExecAddOf()
> * Remove circularity check
> * Open pg_inherits with AccessShareLock
> * Fix terminology in ATExecDropOf() comment
> * Rebase over pgindent changes
>
> Changes from tt2v1-binary-upgrade.patch to tt2v2-binary-upgrade.patch:
> * Rebase over dumpCompositeType() changes from commit acfa1f45

I think there's a bug in the tt1v1 patch.  I'm getting intermittent
regression test failures at this point:

ALTER TABLE tt7 OF tt_t1;                       -- reassign an
already-typed table
server closed the connection unexpectedly       This probably means the server terminated abnormally       before or
whileprocessing the request.
connection to server was lost

In src/test/regress/log/postmaster.log:

TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(((bool)((relation)->rd_refcnt == 0)))", File:
"relcache.c", Line: 1756)

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company