log entries while bringing a streaming replication standby server to life

От Gerhard Hintermayer
Тема log entries while bringing a streaming replication standby server to life
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I managed to set up a streaming replication with 9.0.3. This works like a charm.
When I pull the trigger - I mean create the trigger file ;-) - I find
the following entries in the server log, is this normal or am I doing
something nasty ?

[ @]LOG:  streaming replication successfully connected to primary
(this is the last message from startup)
[ @]LOG:  trigger file found: /var/lib/postgresql/9.0/data/trigger
[ @]FATAL:  terminating walreceiver process due to administrator command
[ @]LOG:  redo done at 1/DC00D53C
[ @]LOG:  last completed transaction was at log time 2011-04-01
13:46:35.679163+02
rsync: link_stat "/0000000100000001000000DC" (in postgresql-wals)
failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous
errors) (code 23) at main.c(1518) [Receiver=3.0.8]
rsync: link_stat "/00000002.history" (in postgresql-wals) failed: No
such file or directory (2)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous
errors) (code 23) at main.c(1518) [Receiver=3.0.8]
[ @]LOG:  selected new timeline ID: 2
rsync: link_stat "/00000001.history" (in postgresql-wals) failed: No
such file or directory (2)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous
errors) (code 23) at main.c(1518) [Receiver=3.0.8]
[ @]LOG:  archive recovery complete
[ @]LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
[ @]LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections

I think the error message for the WAL is normal, as the file name is
increased until no WAL files to replay are found, and this log entries
I also get, when I bring up the standby from a base backup.
But what about the *.history entries ? Are they something to worry about ?

BTW, my recovery.conf is:

'rsync -pog aprol1::postgresql-wals/%f %p'
trigger_file = '/var/lib/postgresql/9.0/data/trigger'
standby_mode = 'on'
primary_conninfo = 'host=10.5.17.40 port=5432 user=postgres'

thanks for any input.

Gerhard