Re: Bug in pg_hba.conf or pg_basebackup concerning replication connections

От Brendan Jurd
Тема Re: Bug in pg_hba.conf or pg_basebackup concerning replication connections
Дата
Re: Bug in pg_hba.conf or pg_basebackup concerning replication connections  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10 April 2011 04:23, Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> If I have the following line in pg_hba.conf:
>
> host    replication     replication             all                     md5
>
> pg_basebackup -x -v -P -h master1 -U replication -D $PGDATA
> pg_basebackup: could not connect to server: FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host
"216.121.61.233",user "replication"

Welcome to the wonderful world of keywords in hba not being specific
to fields.  I encountered this problem myself back in Oct 2010 [1] and
predicted that it would bite other users.  You've been kind enough to
validate that prediction.  I submitted a WIP patch aimed at fixing it
just over a week ago [2].

Until that patch (or some other solution) goes through, you'll need to
quote "replication" in your hba.conf if you want to use it as a
username.

Cheers,
BJ

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/AANLkTi=q8DZj79OKrWc-kE9zg-rH-1tcQdqbsbKfO1zF@mail.gmail.com