Re: Bug in pg_hba.conf or pg_basebackup concerning replication connections

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Bug in pg_hba.conf or pg_basebackup concerning replication connections
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Welcome to the wonderful world of keywords in hba not being specific
> to fields.  I encountered this problem myself back in Oct 2010 [1] and
> predicted that it would bite other users.  You've been kind enough to
> validate that prediction.  I submitted a WIP patch aimed at fixing it
> just over a week ago [2].

Well, I'd like to add this to the Open Issues.  Given that I managed to
hit this issue pretty much immediately on a blind test, I'm not going to
be even close to the last user who experiences it.

Has this always been an issue if you have users and databases in
pg_hba.conf with the same name?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.