Re: [GENERAL] How to uninstall PostgreSQL 8.4 on both Windows XP and Windows 7

От raghu ram
Тема Re: [GENERAL] How to uninstall PostgreSQL 8.4 on both Windows XP and Windows 7
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Mlondolozi Ncapayi <mlondza@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank Sir, I have managed to uninstall it.
Now I installed PostgreSQL 8.4.4 and PostGIS 1.4.2.

Can you please send me command prompts to load shapefiles using Windows 7.

I want to load cities.shp into template_postgis14 [dbname]

This command does not work

shp2pgsql cities.shp public.cities cities.sql followed by psql -d template_postgis14 -f cities.sql -U postgres

1)Convert shp to sql

user>  shp2pgsql -s 4326 test_AK.shp mp_census_block > mp_census_block.sql

2)Insert into the database

user> psql -U test -d DatabaseName  -f mp_census_block.sql

--Raghu Ram