Re: PANIC while doing failover (streaming replication)

От Mikko Partio
Тема Re: PANIC while doing failover (streaming replication)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-12/msg01335.php
According to the above thread, this issue seems to exist for a few years,
and be unsolved yet. Could you provide a self-contained test case?

I can try ...

In related to this, after the failover we got several other worrying messages in the log.

During vacuums lots of these:

WARNING:  relation "pg_largeobject" page 5333088 is uninitialized --- fixing

For several different tables. I gather that since these are mere WARNINGs they do not affect the server functionality or data integrity? Then, for one table we got:

ERROR:  unexpected chunk number 2 (expected 0) for toast value 4398162 in pg_toast_1247555

which is quite worrying since we had to restore that table from backups. Are these errors caused by the PANIC'd shutdown or are they a symptom of something else. The servers are quite new and no server crashes have happened.

Regards

Mikko