Re: Upgrading from 1.10 to 1.12 - cannot set up server

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Upgrading from 1.10 to 1.12 - cannot set up server
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Bryant, Alex <cbryant@fhcrc.org> wrote:
> We are moving from PGAdmin III 1.10 on Windows XP Pro 32 bit to PG Admin =
III
> on Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit. PG Admin III installed without issue and =
the
> computer is running all other database programs normally.
>
> When we open up PG Admin III and click Server-Add, we are entering exactly
> the same info as we did for version 1.10 on the old computer (which is st=
ill
> available, up and running, and we used it to compare side-by-side. The
> trouble is, once we hit OK on the appropriate Add screen after filling out
> all the data, the server does not add. There is no error, just nothing at
> all happens save for a message in the bottom left saying =93Connecting to
> server =96 Done=94.
>
> Is there a compatibility issue with Windows 7 64 bit? Is there another vi=
ew
> we are missing that would reveal the server? Have you any suggestions?

If you haven't already, you might want to try this question on the
pgadmin-support mailing list.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/

--=20
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5992: The database cluster initialisation failed