Обсуждение: Upgrading from 1.10 to 1.12 - cannot set up server

Upgrading from 1.10 to 1.12 - cannot set up server

От
"Bryant, Alex"
Дата:
We are moving from PGAdmin III 1.10 on Windows XP Pro 32 bit to PG Admin
III on Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit. PG Admin III installed without issue
and the computer is running all other database programs normally.

=20

When we open up PG Admin III and click Server-Add, we are entering
exactly the same info as we did for version 1.10 on the old computer
(which is still available, up and running, and we used it to compare
side-by-side. The trouble is, once we hit OK on the appropriate Add
screen after filling out all the data, the server does not add. There is
no error, just nothing at all happens save for a message in the bottom
left saying "Connecting to server - Done".

=20

Is there a compatibility issue with Windows 7 64 bit? Is there another
view we are missing that would reveal the server? Have you any
suggestions?

=20

Thank you so much.

=20

Alexander Bryant

IT Services for VIDI and Scharp

Fred Hutchison Cancer Research Center

1616 Eastlake, 5th Floor

206-667-2671 (w)

206-601-8054 (c)

=20

Re: Upgrading from 1.10 to 1.12 - cannot set up server

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Bryant, Alex <cbryant@fhcrc.org> wrote:
> We are moving from PGAdmin III 1.10 on Windows XP Pro 32 bit to PG Admin =
III
> on Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit. PG Admin III installed without issue and =
the
> computer is running all other database programs normally.
>
> When we open up PG Admin III and click Server-Add, we are entering exactly
> the same info as we did for version 1.10 on the old computer (which is st=
ill
> available, up and running, and we used it to compare side-by-side. The
> trouble is, once we hit OK on the appropriate Add screen after filling out
> all the data, the server does not add. There is no error, just nothing at
> all happens save for a message in the bottom left saying =93Connecting to
> server =96 Done=94.
>
> Is there a compatibility issue with Windows 7 64 bit? Is there another vi=
ew
> we are missing that would reveal the server? Have you any suggestions?

If you haven't already, you might want to try this question on the
pgadmin-support mailing list.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/

--=20
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Upgrading from 1.10 to 1.12 - cannot set up server

От
"Bryant, Alex"
Дата:
We figured it out: the server add simply does not show up until you
close and reopen the app. Once we do that, it behaves normally. It is a
bug, but not a show-stopper.

Thanks!

Alexander Bryant
IT Services for VIDD and SCHARP