Re: Windows build issues

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Windows build issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

>      * I have some doubts about whether the SDK is at all needed or
>        whether it would suffice by itself.  I went with Visual Studio
>        Express 2008.

The SDK is needed with 2008 Express, but not the non-express version.
The SDK on it's own should be enough for command line compilation.

>      * The major difficulty was figuring out the right path setting to
>        all the tools.  The documentation is a bit hand-wavy about that.
>        In particular, it needed to find both vcbuild.exe and
>        msbuild.exe, which are conveniently hidden in C:\Program Files
>        \Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\vcpackages and C:\Windows
>        \Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 respectively.  I'm not sure
>        if there is a pattern there that could be documented, but it
>        would really be helpful to at least give better hints about
>        this.

The SDK and/or Visual Studio should have created some shortcuts on the
menu to start command prompt windows with the appropriate environment
variables setup for you. On my system (which has Visual Studio 2008
Pro), there are shortcuts for 32 bit and 64 bit build environments.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company