Re: Windows build issues

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Windows build issues
Дата
Re: Windows build issues  (Brar Piening <brar@gmx.de>)
Re: Windows build issues  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On sön, 2011-04-03 at 16:04 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > The documentation appears to claim that the Platform/Windows SDK without
> > any Visual Studio should be enough.  Is there also an upper limit on the
> > supported SDK version then?
>
> It certainly used to be enough, so I guess if they have bounced the
> version of the VC compiler that's included in the SDK then yes, there
> needs to be an upper bound on it.
>
> What version is the compiler that comes along with the SDK reporting?
> (not the VS Express one, the one in the SDK itself)
>
> Guessing fromhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Windows_SDK, maybe
> we need to say up to v6.1 for now?

I got it to build now.  Here are is a list of notes that would make life
easier for future generations:
     * As discussed, it should be noted that Visual Studio 2010 is not       supported yet.     * As previously
mentioned,change Platform SDK to Windows SDK in       the documentation.     * I have some doubts about whether the SDK
isat all needed or       whether it would suffice by itself.  I went with Visual Studio       Express 2008.     * The
buildscripts should be made warnings-free with Perl 5.12,       which is the current default from ActiveState.     *
Thereappears to be a bug in the GnuWin32 version of Bison that       is recommended to use, if you install it into a
paththat has       spaces in it, such as the default path C:\Program Files       \GnuWin32.  The internal call to m4
chokeson that.  Not our       bug, but perhaps worth warning about.     * vcregress.pl dies if there is no config.pl,
eventhough the       other tools treat it as and the documentation claims it is       optional.     * clean.bat doesn't
readbuildenv.pl, causing a failure if you       have a path setting in there to find msbuild.exe.     * The major
difficultywas figuring out the right path setting to       all the tools.  The documentation is a bit hand-wavy about
that.      In particular, it needed to find both vcbuild.exe and       msbuild.exe, which are conveniently hidden in
C:\ProgramFiles       \Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\vcpackages and C:\Windows
\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727respectively.  I'm not sure       if there is a pattern there that could be
documented,but it       would really be helpful to at least give better hints about       this.     * It might also be
inorder to update pg_config.h.win32 relative       to the current pg_config.h.in.