Re: GSoC Proposal - Caching query results in pgpool-II

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: GSoC Proposal - Caching query results in pgpool-II
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2011/4/7 Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org>:
> In my understanding pqc is not designed to be working with pgpool.
> Thus if a user want to use both query cache and query dispatching,
> replication or failover etc. which are provided by pgpool, it seems
> it's not possible. For this purpose maybe user could *cascade* pqc and
> pgpool, but I'm not sure. Even if it's possible, it will bring huge
> performance penalty.
>
> Another point is cache invalidation. Masanori's proposal includes
> cache invalidation technique by looking at write queries, which is
> lacking in pqc in my understanding.

Probably. My question wasn't necessarily "hasn't this already been
done in pqc", more "should this perhaps build on or integrate with pgc
in order not to duplicate effort". I think at the very least, any
overlap should be researched and identified - because if it can
integrate parts of pgc, or work with, more effort can be spent on the
new parts rather than redoing something that's already been done.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/