Re: GSoC Proposal - Caching query results in pgpool-II

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: GSoC Proposal - Caching query results in pgpool-II
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
In my understanding pqc is not designed to be working with pgpool.
Thus if a user want to use both query cache and query dispatching,
replication or failover etc. which are provided by pgpool, it seems
it's not possible. For this purpose maybe user could *cascade* pqc and
pgpool, but I'm not sure. Even if it's possible, it will bring huge
performance penalty.

Another point is cache invalidation. Masanori's proposal includes
cache invalidation technique by looking at write queries, which is
lacking in pqc in my understanding.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan