Re: "Use replication set" widget

От Dave Page
Тема Re: "Use replication set" widget
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working to get all dialogs available in a 800x600 pixels screen.
> While doing this, I found that not all properties dialog had a "Use
> replication" widget. Which seems a great idea to me, because you can put
> only tables and sequences in a Slony replication set. So I wonder why
> there are so many dialogs that have this widget even if it's of no use
> to many of them.
>
> Quick list:
>
> dlgAggregate.xrc dlgCast.xrc dlgCheck.xrc dlgColumn.xrc
> dlgConversion.xrc dlgDomain.xrc dlgExtension.xrc dlgExtTable.xrc
> dlgForeignDataWrapper.xrc dlgForeignKey.xrc dlgForeignServer.xrc
> dlgForeignTable.xrc dlgFunction.xrc dlgGroup.xrc dlgIndexConstraint.xrc
> dlgIndex.xrc dlgLanguage.xrc dlgOperator.xrc dlgPackage.xrc
> dlgRole.xrc dlgRule.xrc dlgSchema.xrc dlgSequence.xrc dlgSynonym.xrc
> dlgTable.xrc dlgTextSearchConfiguration.xrc dlgTextSearchDictionary.xrc
> dlgTextSearchParser.xrc dlgTextSearchTemplate.xrc dlgTrigger.xrc
> dlgType.xrc dlgUserMapping.xrc dlgUser.xrc dlgView.xrc
>
> Can I drop them in all dialogs but table's and sequence's ones? or did I
> misunderstand the use of this widget?

You misunderstood :-). What that is supposed to do is execute the
query using Slony's EXECUTE DDL functionality, which allows the change
to be pushed out across the entire cluster - so (for example), you can
push a new role out to all of your servers.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company