Re: Streaming replication: rsync to switchover

От Gerhard Hintermayer
Тема Re: Streaming replication: rsync to switchover
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi, I do rsync -a --delete new_primary_server::postgresql-data/ /var/lib/postgresql/9.0/data/

Take care to use -a, I had -r and wondered, why the rsync took so long, despite the data was nearly the same.

assuming you have configured rsyncd on the server as:

[postgresql-data]
    uid = postgres
    path = /var/lib/postgresql/9.0/data
    comment = PostgreSQL 9.0 data dir
    exclude = postmaster.log pg_xlog/* postmaster.pid postgresql.conf

The exclude might be tunable a litte (the confs eg. are not stored in the datadir anymore on my distro)
Always rsync over the existing data dir (of course stop server before)
The former master can also be stopped later. When the trigger file is created, the connection to it is closed anyhow.
Don't forget to pg_start_backup pg_stop_backup on the new server before/after you do rsync.

Gerhard