Re: alter table without an ACCESS EXCLUSIVE lock

От Andreas Berger
Тема Re: alter table without an ACCESS EXCLUSIVE lock
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks for your answer!
In this spacial case your suggestion is a solution, but I am searching
for an opportunity to make every change (e.g. alter table) without
effecting availability of the database and the modified table when using
wal shipping (maybe something like concurrently when creating an index).
When using skytools I can keep the downtime minimal by doing a master
slave change after modifying the slave db. But the question now is, is
it possible to use wal shipping without having downtimes when modifying
tables?

regards,
Andi