Re: Orphan Temp Table After PITR

От Selva manickaraja
Тема Re: Orphan Temp Table After PITR
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The problem is, the DB keeps on printing these entries the whole day and bloats the log file. It's 11AM now and already 14,700 entries of this message in the log and it keeps on increasing. What needs to be done to counter this unnecessary logging? This machine will be the production secondary DB and nominated as the primary to fail-over. So we need to ensure it is clear of any issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Selvam

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 10:00 PM, Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
Selva manickaraja <mavles78@gmail.com> wrote:

> We encountered this for the 3rd time after completing a PITR.

> 2011-04-19 12:12:59 MYT LOG:  autovacuum: found orphan temp table
> "pg_temp_108"."session_id" in database "np"
> [for many different temp tables]

> Anyone has any idea why this is happening?

There were a lot of temp tables open on the master when you made the
base backup?  It would seem autovacuum is cleaning them up when it
comes across them.

Do you have some reason to believe that these "LOC" level entries
represent some problem?

-Kevin