Re: pgbench \for or similar loop

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: pgbench \for or similar loop
Дата
Re: pgbench \for or similar loop  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah.  I was wondering if anyone was gung-ho enough about this to
> implement some kind of library that both programs could draw on.
>
> It probably wouldn't be super-hard, if we could agree on a rough design.

It seems to me that the Mo Betta answer would be to implement the
fabled "stored procedure" language, that has, as its distinctive, the
capability to control transactions.  That would have the capability of
being used in places other than just inside psql.

And it would be a good way for scripting things like specialized
vacuum and analyze regimens, which cannot be done inside stored
functions today.