Re: Extreme bloating of intarray GiST indexes

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Extreme bloating of intarray GiST indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
I'm currently looking at a database which has some extreme bloating of
intarray GiST indexes.  As in 1000% bloating in only a few months.  This
is not a particularly high-transaction-rate database, so the bloating is
a little surprising; I can only explain it if vacuum wasn't cleaning the
indexes at all, and maybe not even then.

We're currently instrumenting the database so that we can collect a bit
more data on update activity, but in the meantime, has anyone seen
anything like this?

What opclass is used for GiST index: gist__int_ops or gist__intbig_ops?
Do you take into account that gist__int_ops is very inefficient for large datasets?

----
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.