Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 21:54, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I would imagine one commit fest per month, but
>> it's only a week long.
>
> BTW, just as a thought experiment: what about a one-day CF once a week?
> "Patch Tuesdays", if you will.  Spend all day reviewing/committing,
> bounce back whatever is not ready, patch authors try again next week.

I think that would pretty much kill the process for any committer who
is not employed to work full-time on postgresql *development*. Those
who have other dayjobs (which may well be postgresql consulting or
training or whatever) will probably end up dealing with significantly
fewer patches, leaving even more of the burden on those who do have
the dedicated schedule. I know I don't do as much reviewing/comitting
as I'd like to do during the commitfests, but with a process like
that, it would probably become more or less zero.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Сообщение: Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers
Сообщение: Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers