Adaptation of instnwnd.sql to Pgsql

От David.Jacques@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Тема Adaptation of instnwnd.sql to Pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Listers...

I am new to PostGreSQL and I am trying to adapt the
instnwnd.sql stored procedure from SQL Server to create the
ubiquitous NorthWind database structure on my server. However
the ability to name your indexes seems to be non existent. As is the
ability to create indexes of the same name on different tables.

Does anyone out there have an adapted Pgsql version of this script ?
It would be invaluable to me to get quickly up to speed on this version
of the SQL standard by comparing what I know from TSQL to what the
equivalent command syntax is in pgsql.

regards

David

David A. Jacques
Spatial Database Developer
Natural Resources and Hazards Section
Applications Division
Canada Centre for Remote Sensing
588 Booth Street, Room 317
Ottawa ,Ontario K1A 0Y7
Tel: (613) 947-1306
Fax: (613) 947-1408
E-Mail: David.Jacques@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca

The views and ideas expressed in this communication are hereby deemed to be
my own and in no way can be construed as endorsed by the CCRS or the
Government of Canada.