Re: WIP: default values for function parameters

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: WIP: default values for function parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Dec 15, 2008, at 11:05 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> In my mind, you just have to think about it hard enough to come to
> realize that, when viewed from the right angle, the semantic
> conflict might not exist after all.  It's a bit tricky, but I think
> it's possible.

Better for users not to have to think about it, IMHO. Still, they
will, in the future, more likely be familiar with passing parameters
to functions than with the XML stuff, and so won't have to worry about
it until they use the XML stuff.

Best,

David