Re: [ADMIN] Partition tables in AWS RDS environment

От Campbell, Lance
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Partition tables in AWS RDS environment
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Do you happen to know...
In 9.6 if you do a pg_dump on a schema and you have a few very large tables in the schema will this cause the database
tolock the table for writing?

This is an issue I ran into with older version of PostgreSQL using pg_dump on entire schemas.  To get around this issue
Ipartitioned the really large tables so that the locking would be a much shorter time period while running pg_dump.
Butthis may not be necessary with 9.6

Thanks,

Lance