Re: pg_dump error

От Campbell, Lance
Тема Re: pg_dump error
Дата
Re: pg_dump error
Список pgsql-admin
As a follow-up I ran this command:

pg_dump -U username -h localhost databasename -f databasename.20150720

I get this in the console:
pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query failed: SSL error: unexpected message
pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query was: SET search_path = calendar, pg_catalog

PG Admin is telling me the database is 57 G.
I was able to do the following command in order to just backup the "calendar" schema with data:

pg_dump -U username -h localhost --schema=calendar databasename -f calendar.20150720

So why am I unable to backup my entire database?

Lance

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Campbell, Lance
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2015 5:52 AM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] pg_dump error

Postgresql 9.4.x

I am performing the following pg_dump command:

pg_dump -U username -h localhost --jobs=3 --format=d --compress=0 databasename -f databasename.20150720

I am getting this error:

pg_dump: [parallel archiver] could not get relation name for OID 58363761: connection not open

How can I work around this issue?  Should I just not used --jobs=3 when backing up the full database?

Lance Campbell
Software Architect
Web Services at the University of Illinois