pg_dump a schema with data

От Campbell, Lance
Тема pg_dump a schema with data
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

PostgreSQL 9.4

Assume you do the following command which dumps all of the data associated with a schema:

pg_dump –schema=schemaName  dbName > schemaName.out

Assume there are some 50 tables in the schema.  Some of these tables have foreign keys to each other.  During the dump of the schema, I would assume each table would be frozen/locked while it is being dumped.  But what about tables that have associates to a table that is being written out.  Will they be locked/frozen also.  Or does postgresql lock up all of the tables within the schema while it is being dumped.  Or are you just taking a risk that there might be miss associations between tables once the dump is complete.

My guess is that individual tables are locked/frozen while writing.  I would also assume there might be relationship issues between related tables if there was a lot of writing or deleting during the dump.

Thanks,

Lance Campbell

University of Illinois