Re: 9.5 alpha: some small comments on BRIN and btree_gin

От Marc Mamin
Тема Re: 9.5 alpha: some small comments on BRIN and btree_gin
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Sure, but on the other hand, they are so small and quick to build
that they seem to be a good alternative when other index types are too costly,
even if theses indexes can't deal well with all data ranges passed as query condition.

Hence it would be fine if the planner could reject these indexes in the bad cases.

I don't mean this is something I'm counting on, but it could be a good idea to mention this limitation in the doc.

regards,

Marc Mamin