Re: Repeated pg_upgrade buildfarm failures on binturon

От Oskari Saarenmaa
Тема Re: Repeated pg_upgrade buildfarm failures on binturon
Дата
Re: Repeated pg_upgrade buildfarm failures on binturon  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
07.07.2015, 14:21, Andres Freund kirjoitti:
> On 2015-07-06 20:00:43 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> writes:
>>> Binturon has repeatedly failed with errors like:
>>> ERROR:  could not open file "base/16400/32052": No such file or directory
>>
>> I agree that binturong seems to have something odd going on; but there are
>> a lot of other intermittent pg_upgrade test failures in the buildfarm
>> history
>
> binturong seemed to be clean on HEAD for a while now, and the failures
> ~80 days ago seem to have had different symptoms (the src/bin move):
> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=binturong&br=HEAD
>
> other branches are less nice looking for various reasons, but there's
> another recurring error:
> FATAL:  could not open relation mapping file "global/pg_filenode.map": No such file or directory
>
> Those seem to indicate something going seriously wrong to me.

Binturong and Dingo run on the same host with a hourly cronjob to
trigger the builds.  These failures are caused by concurrent test runs
on different branches which use the same tmp_check directory for
pg_upgrade tests, see
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=dingo&dt=2015-07-07%2002%3A58%3A01&stg=check-pg_upgrade

It looks like neither make (GNU Make 4.0) nor shell (default Solaris
/bin/sh) updates $PWD to point to the current directory where test.sh is
executed and test.sh puts the test cluster in the original working
directory of the process that launched make.

I've restricted builds to one at a time on that host to work around this
issue for now.  Also attached a patch to explicitly set PWD=$(CURDIR) in
the Makefile to make sure test.sh runs with the right directory.

/ Oskari

Вложения