Re: Performance decrease

От Guido Neitzer
Тема Re: Performance decrease
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 20.04.2006, at 18:10 Uhr, Radovan Antloga wrote:

> I have once or twice a month update on many records (~6000) but
> not so many. I did not expect PG would have problems with
> updating 15800 records.

It has no problems with that. We have a database where we often
update/insert rows with about one hundred columns. No problem so far.
Performance is in the sub 10ms range. The whole table has about
100000 records.

Do you wrap every update in a separate transaction? I do commits
every 200 updates for bulk updates.

cug

--
PharmaLine, Essen, GERMANY
Software and Database Development

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Recovery will take 10 hours
Сообщение: Re: Recovery will take 10 hours