RE: Re: DB porting questions...

От Diehl, Jeffrey
Тема RE: Re: DB porting questions...
Список pgsql-sql

If you have any other questions, please feel free.

Mike Diehl.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Robino
To: Diehl, Jeffrey
Sent: 4/18/2001 1:35 PM
Subject: Re: [SQL] Re: DB porting questions...

Jeffrey,

I was interested in your comment below which says one of your db's gets
5
million inserts a day. I was wondering, are those rows cumulative? I get
this
picture in my head that you have a few tables in this database and that
the
whole thing is growing _alot_ every day.

Or maybe these daily inserts get transferred or concentrated... I ask
because I
have seen many people apparently making databases to take high-traffic
logfiles
as input. I've always thought this interesting, but didn't think that
pgsql (or
any db) would be in very good shape after a "bazillion" rows added up at
the end
of a month, or quarter, etc.

Just curious. Cheers,

--Rick

majordomo@postgresql.org)

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster<<Card for Rick Robino>>

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: