DB porting questions...

От Diehl, Jeffrey
Тема DB porting questions...
Дата
Re: DB porting questions...  (Joel Burton <jburton@scw.org>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hi all,

I'm in the final stages of migrating from mysql to postgres and have a few
more questions...

1)
I have a table:create table a (    t    timestamp not null,    ...);

I'm thinking that I can define a.t as not null default=now().  But will this
work?  That is, will it update a.t when I modified a given record?

2)
I have another table:create table b (    id    int not null AUTO_INCREMENT,    ...    );

To reproduce this behavior, I believe I need to use a sequence.  The problem
is that I have a lot of data to import into this table.  How do I import the
old data without colliding with the new sequence numbers?

Thanx in advance,
Mike Diehl,
Network Monitoring Tool Devl.
284-3137