Re: CREATE TABLE .. LIKE .. EXCLUDING documentation

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: CREATE TABLE .. LIKE .. EXCLUDING documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 29 Jun 2018, at 15:42, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> While we're here, do people find this useful:
>
>     <para>
>      <literal>INCLUDING ALL</literal> is an abbreviated form of
>      <literal>INCLUDING COMMENTS INCLUDING CONSTRAINTS INCLUDING
> DEFAULTS INCLUDING IDENTITY INCLUDING INDEXES INCLUDING STATISTICS
> INCLUDING STORAGE</literal>.
>     </para>
>
> Maybe something more like "... is an abbreviated form selecting all the
> available individual options”.

While quite a mouthful, I do find the former quite clear.  Your suggestion
clearly reads better, but I would personally scroll back up to the Synopsis to
see the list if it wasn't easily available in the paragraph (but that’s all
personal preference).

cheers ./daniel