ERROR: cannot start subtransactions during a parallel operation

От Mai Peng
Тема ERROR: cannot start subtransactions during a parallel operation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

On a pG10.4 instance, my query ( a simple select from a view) throw this error:
ERROR:  cannot start subtransactions during a parallel operation
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function check_validity(ltree[]) line 4 during statement block entry

But prefixing this query by "set max_parallel_workers_gather=0" make it works.

When I take off the column that is checked by a function, no need to add set max_parallel_workers_gather=0 .

How could I continue to use the default max_parallel_workers_gather (2).

Thank you