Re: Tighten up a few overly lax regexes in pg_dump's tap tests

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Tighten up a few overly lax regexes in pg_dump's tap tests
Дата
Re: Tighten up a few overly lax regexes in pg_dump's tap tests  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 4 Feb 2019, at 11:54, David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> There are a few regexes in pg_dump's tap tests that are neglecting to
> escape the dot in "schema.table" type expressions. This could result
> in the test passing when it shouldn't.  It seems worth putting that
> right.

+1 for tightening it up, and the patch looks good to me.

We may also want to use the + metacharacter instead of * in a few places, since
the intent is to always match something, where matching nothing should be
considered an error:

-          qr/^ALTER TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY dump_test.alt_ts_dict1 OWNER TO .*;/m,
+          qr/^ALTER TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY dump_test\.alt_ts_dict1 OWNER TO .*;/m,

cheers ./daniel