Re: Tighten up a few overly lax regexes in pg_dump's tap tests

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Tighten up a few overly lax regexes in pg_dump's tap tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 04, 2019 at 01:12:48PM +0100, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> +1 for tightening it up, and the patch looks good to me.
>
> We may also want to use the + metacharacter instead of * in a few places, since
> the intent is to always match something, where matching nothing should be
> considered an error:
>
> -          qr/^ALTER TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY dump_test.alt_ts_dict1 OWNER TO .*;/m,
> +          qr/^ALTER TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY dump_test\.alt_ts_dict1 OWNER TO .*;/m,

Some tests are missing the update, and it seems to me that
tightening things up is a good thing, still we ought to do it
consistently.  Some places missing the update:
- ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY
- ALTER OPERATOR CLASS
- ALTER SEQUENCE
- ALTER TABLE (ONLY, partitioned table)
- BLOB load
- COMMENT ON
- COPY
- INSERT INTO
- CREATE COLLATION

test_pg_dump's 001_base.pl needs also a refresh.
--
Michael

Вложения